H2S Alive – Hydrogen Sulphide Safety Training
This is a one day course that deals with the hazards of hydrogen sulphide under the administration of Energy Safety Canada. Classroom time is used for initial response strategy, use of respiratory protective equipment (SCBA & SABA), detection of H2S, rescue techniques and rescue breathing and review of case studies. Certification is valid for three years.
Content The following items are covered in this H2S Alive Certification class:
- Energy Safety Canada - H2S Alive
- Properties and Initial Response Strategy
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Rescue Technique
- Artificial Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Review of Case Studies
The following are the prerequisite that a student is required to have before being allowed into this course:
- Photo ID Required
- Must be 16 years of age.
• Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills and pass a knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
• Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course.
Upon successful completion of this program you will have earned the following tickets:
- Certification Card
- Certification valid for 3 years
What to bring:
• In-door footwear
Energy Safety Canada may monitor this course at any time.